Scentsy is on the lookout for a DevOps (Middleware) Engineer to help us manage development and operational related activities needed to support our e-commerce business as well as manage and support all other hosted web services.
We provide a leading-edge e-commerce shopping environment for our consumers as well as a complete business management portal for our sales consultants which enables them to manage customers, orders, and parties. The consultant portal also provides analytics to help them market and grow their business. In addition, we develop and maintain software for internal operation and management of our extensive product lines, global sales consultant base, manufacturing, finance, and numerous other business units.
In addition to the interesting work, there are some cool perks as well. The Scentsy campus is beautifully landscaped and includes full-service cafeteria, fully equipped and staffed gym, extensive walking trails, and a Peet’s coffee bar. You’ll find we have some of the best and brightest people in the Treasure Valley who love solving interesting problems as a team and smelling great. If you look past the lovely smells, you’ll find an impressive amount of top-end technology behind this rapidly growing global business.
What You Would Do
- Develop and maintain system deployment automation processes to enable teams to deploy, manage, configure, scale and monitor their applications
- Build, configure and manage tools for fast and reliable deployments of software
- Build tools for infrastructure monitoring and resolve any issues while running in production
- Plan, install and test new software releases, server automation, system upgrades, and resolve software related problems for both development and production enterprise systems
- Configure, deploy, and ensure secure setup of Internet Information Services (IIS)
- Support multiple projects by troubleshooting application issues and assisting developers on infrastructure related issues
- Write custom tools and scripts to support the infrastructure and development teams, and help craft the direction and architecture of our systems
- Create, update, and maintain pertinent documentation for procedures, policies, permissions, and landscape
- Monitor web services, concurrent connections, server performance, and report on up-time
- Proactively detect problems related to service and infrastructure operations and delivery services, conduct diagnostics, and provide service
- Carry out incident and problem management support to the highest standards and coordinate the resolution with the appropriate resolver groups
- Collaborate and assist other departments and development staff with web and application server analysis, monitoring, tuning, and troubleshooting as it relates to application access and transaction performance
- Administer and support multiple web development environments to ensure server uptime and availability (4- 9s)
- Perform change management, configuration, design, and implementation of supported products and systems
- Assist QA teams during load testing and for real time monitoring of all stages of application deployment
- Provide hands-on service and infrastructure operations support to internal and external customers in accordance with the terms of the established Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
Our Ideal Candidate Has
- 5+ years of DevOps Engineering experience including scripting, system deployment automation, and hardware and network infrastructure design
- Expert level troubleshooting skills
- Solutions Expert or equivalent certification in a DevOps/Cloud/Automation area required
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or demonstrated equivalent
What You Should Know
- Strong working knowledge of scripting such as PowerShell, Python, Bash, etc.
- Working knowledge of languages such as Ruby, C#, etc.
- Working knowledge of orchestration tools such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible, etc.
- Working knowledge of Cloud technologies such as Azure, AWS, etc.
- Solid working knowledge of configuring and supporting virtualization platforms, i.e., VMware
- Solid working knowledge of enterprise deployment strategies, high-availability
- Strong knowledge of Continuous Integration processes, solutions and tools such as Jenkins, Team City, Octopus Deploy, etc.
- Advanced knowledge installing, troubleshooting and diagnostics of Windows and/or Red Hat servers, Domain Name servers (DNS), IIS, and port security
- Ability to administer web sites, redirect HTTP traffic, interpret web logs, configure load balancers
- Ability to generate and manage Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificates
- Ability to maintain new environment builds and complex troubleshooting
- Strong working knowledge of web applications and server hardware
- Ability to collaborate effectively with internal and external resources to provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers