Intermountain Blending and Filling (a sister company of Scentsy) is looking for a Compounder to ensure that all materials are pre-weighed, mixed, and produced with a high level of quality.
This is a grave shift position, hours are 11:00pm-7:00am
Schedule: Tu-Fri, Sun
What You Would Do:
- Reviews product recipes, gathers and weighs small ingredients, and places ingredients in appropriate containers
- Locates and gathers bulk ingredients as needed according to batch paperwork
- Ensures materials are pre-weighed, added to batches, mixed, and pumped out correctly
- Transfers products to totes following quality procedures
- Labels all materials and bulk intermediate product in accordance with quality procedures
- Examines materials for defects, deviations, or nonconformances; remove questionable materials from production and labels them appropriately
- Provides quality samples to the laboratories, as directed by the batch paperwork, and in accordance with quality procedures
- Completes rework to the expected quality level
- Cleans and sanitizes compounding equipment in accordance with quality procedures
- Works in accordance with approved Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and the current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs)
- Maintains a safe, organized, and clean work environment
- Documents data and results in accordance with Good Documentation Practices (GDPs)
- Operates pallet jacks to move product throughout the facility
- Communicates pertinent production information to other shifts
- Performs all other assigned tasks and requirements as needed
You Should Have:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2 years of experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Experience weighing, measuring, and mixing ingredients in a production environment preferred
We Expect That You:
- Maintain a high level of safety; report all safety incidents, including near-miss events or situations
- Wear required personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Follow environmental and compliance guidance and regulations
- Maintain established quality standards
- Adhere to all established procedures, policies, and safety rules as outlined by the Company
- Work 40 hours per week; some overtime may be required
Things You Should Know & Be Able To Do:
- Strong knowledge of units of measurements.
- Ability to follow moderately complex directions.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Advanced understanding of powdered compounding equipment and strong understanding of liquid compounding equipment.
- Strong knowledge of cleaning and sanitizing equipment.
- Strong knowledge of product quality issues and how to identify moderately complex issues.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced constantly changing environment
- Good customer service skills
- Ability to stay on task and complete tasks from start all the way through to completion
- Ability to perform repetitive work while maintaining a high level of accuracy
- Basic knowledge of computers and all applicable software including Microsoft Office and ability to learn applicable SAP transactions
- Work requires frequent standing but may require sitting about 5% of the time
- Ability to perform repetitive manual dexterity, have both arms and legs accessible, and reach above shoulder level
- Ability to lift up to 60 lbs.
- Ability to occasionally walk, climb, bend, squat, crawl, push, and pull
- Ability to discern color hues