Scentsy is looking for a Senior Network Engineer to maintain Scentsy’s networking environment by identifying and defining network requirements, deploying and maintaining LAN and WAN infrastructures and security, and monitoring network performance. In addition, the Network Engineer collaborates in the design, planning, implementation, and maintenance of the companies' network infrastructure and architecture.
What You Would Do:
- Design, architect, and implement enterprise networking system configuration
- Define, document, and enforce system standards
- Maximize network performance by monitoring performance, troubleshooting network problems and outages, and scheduling upgrades
- Install and support connectivity solutions internally and with external networks and Internet Service Providers (ISPs)
- Secure network by establishing and enforcing policies; defining and monitoring access; reviewing, setting and enforcing security policies, standards, and other requirements as they relate to specific internally and externally hosted systems
- Manage external and internal Domain Name System (DNS)
- Perform system backups and recovery of network configurations
- Lead projects and may direct the works of others on related projects
- Perform all other assigned tasks and requirements as needed
You Should Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or demonstrated equivalent
- 6 years of network engineering experience
- Due to current conditions, we currently are spending much of our working time performing our duties from home. A capable internet connection will be required to perform the duties of this position.
Things You Should Know & Be Able to Do:
- Strong knowledge of standard networking concepts, practices, and procedures
- Strong knowledge of scripting, system deployment automation, and hardware and network infrastructure design
- Strong knowledge of LAN/WAN systems, networks, and applications
- Strong knowledge of web applications and server hardware
- Strong knowledge of the DNS including troubleshooting and diagnostics
- Strong troubleshooting skills within the server infrastructure.
- Strong knowledge of network architecture, infrastructure design, network tools, troubleshooting, and implementation
- A high degree of creativity and latitude is required