Scentsy is growing and we would love to have you grow with us! 2020 has been an unprecedented year at Scentsy and we are looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer to help us scale up and scale out our systems.
What does a Senior Software Engineer do at a fragrance company?
As a Senior Software Engineer at Scentsy, you would help develop and deliver complex web applications for internal and external use - utilizing innovative and creative approaches to software development and implementation. This position requires well-rounded knowledge and experience in IT/Software Development and strong knowledge of one or more technologies such as .NET, SQL, and Agile/Scrum development.
We are seeking an innovative and seasoned software developer with proven leadership experience in working across internal and external teams to drive product delivery.
What You Will Do:
- Design, develop and troubleshoot high performance and high availability applications to meet Scentsy’s strategic objectives
- Participate as part of a projects team to design, code, and test extensible, reusable, and scalable server/client and web service applications
- Utilize software development skills to design, code, and implement unit tests, integration tests, and regression tests
- Participate in design and code reviews, following coding, documentation and design standards
- Perform and deliver in a fast-paced software development lifecycle with a strong dedication to a solid user experience
- Experience in creating and executing large scale enterprise designs which demonstrate the ability to scale to support large numbers of concurrent users as well as large data volumes
- Responsible for hitting key metrics that include system: scalability, extensibility, maintainability, testability, and stability
- Participate in proof of concept activities and conduct performance validation strategies that confirm the effectiveness of one approach versus another
- Experience supporting multiple concurrent projects while performing all jobs in an efficient manner with limited supervision
- Undertakes development of high impact and complex projects that are critical to the business
You Should Have:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience preferred
- 8 years of experience in software development
Things You Should Know & Be Able to Do:
- Advanced understanding of a wide breadth of software and database development technologies and ability to design, develop and debug in all tiers of complex applications
- Excellent understanding of commonly used programming languages, OOP, design patterns, data structures
- Expert knowledge of .NET framework 3.5/4.0, C#, ASP.NET, MVC, SQL Server, HTML/CSS, XML, JSON, jQuery
- Experience in writing stored procedures and queries in SQL Server
- Experience in 3-tiered applications and/or SOA design and development is highly desired
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel
- Understanding of the Agile/Scrum project management process is helpful
- Ability to multi-task and stay organized in a dynamic work environment
- Experience and ability to teach, mentor, or instruct co-workers
- Work effectively as part of a projects team, foster team cooperation
- Stay current with rapidly changing technology and apply to business needs