Scentsy is looking for a Software Quality Assurance (SQA) Technician to test and certify new and existing features throughout Scentsy’s enterprise software systems to ensure the delivery of quality business application software.
What You Would Do:
- Work with development scrum teams to create, maintain, and execute test plans to ensure quality of new features being released to production.
- Create and execute testing strategies for both home-grown and 3rd party systems and configurations.
- API testing using tools such as Swagger & Postman.
- Assist in defect analysis to understand if system issues exist, potential root cause, and provide action plan to address prevention going forward.
- Run and triage automated User Interface (UI) tests to provide assurance of system functionality.
- Coordinate and add value to load and performance tests.
- Collaborate with product management, development, systems analysts, and operations teams to create end-to-end test plans.
- Collaborate on test strategies, procedures, test data, and scripts to ensure testing of all system integrations.
- Provide recommendations on quality assurance and development methodologies and advancements.
- Work collaboratively with developers, systems analysts, stakeholders, and management to define new (and enhance existing) features that are aligned with Scentsy’s overall long-term strategy.
- Technical writing/software documentation including steps to reproduce and regression plans.
- Work with SDETs to identify automation opportunities and prioritize automation needs.
- Manual and exploratory testing in a continuous deployment environment.
- UI testing on various devices and browsers.
- Set expectations for release readiness, be willing to raise a flag for quality concerns.
- Perform all other assigned tasks and requirements as needed.
You Should Have:
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Associate degree in Computer Science or Information Technology or equivalent experience.
- 1+ year of experience working in an Information Technology environment.
- 2+ years of experience testing web-based enterprise applications preferred.
What We Expect:
- Contribute to the improvement of software quality and release processes.
- Keep up with developments in the industry and share insights, best practices and make recommendations to improve quality and productivity.
- Adhere to all established procedures, policies, and safety rules as outlined by the Company.
- Work 40 hours per week; some overtime may be required.
Things You Should Know & Be Able to Do:
- Demonstrated knowledge of creating, executing, and maintaining test strategies including: test plans, test procedures, test scenarios, test cases, test data sets, and test scripts to be used for manual and automated testing.
- Familiar with QA tools and techniques, bug tracking systems, test design and execution.
- Black box and white box testing.
- Write and work with SQL queries
- Ability to multi-task and stay focused and organized in an agile work environment.
- Effectively communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel - both written and verbal.
- Identify, triage and isolate defects and issues in all environments.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Work effectively as part of a project/program team and foster team cooperation with a positive attitude and be flexible.
- Working experience of the Agile/Scrum project management process is helpful.
- Experience and ability to teach or instruct co-workers.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills.
- Working knowledge of computers and all applicable software including Microsoft Office Suite.