Scentsy is experiencing unprecedented growth this year, and we are looking for a top-notch Systems Analyst to ensure our systems can continue to keep up with that growth. Come help us research, identify, scope, and collaborate with Product Managers and enterprise application teams in our quest to deliver high quality solutions for Scentsy.
Who Would You Work With?
Our Software Team is responsible for a variety of software applications for the business. We provide a leading-edge e-commerce shopping environment for our consumers as well as a complete business management portal for our sales consultants which enables them to manage customers, orders, and parties. The consultant portal also provides analytics to help them market and grow their business. In addition, we develop and maintain software for internal operation and management of our extensive product lines, global sales consultant base, manufacturing, finance, and numerous other business units.
What You Would Do:
Work with the development and quality assurance team to:
- Estimate requested feature work, verify business requirements and development timelines; participate in daily stand-ups; and to verify ticket progress and resolve questions or concerns from the development community
- Performs problem analysis to resolve system or application issues. Performs complex diagnosis of problems, providing solutions within area of responsibility, and/or through consulting with scrum team members; coordinates implementation of fixes and enhancements.
Work with the community of Product Managers to:
- Develop system requirements according to standards; convert business requirements into technical specifications; provide system alternatives and options for business requests based on system capabilities; identify ways to improve system processes; help manage project scope and participate in prioritization discussions; contribute to forecasting and road mapping; move quickly with defined expected timelines; help in gathering estimates from developers on user stories; and to help gather requirements for and validate outputs of reporting requests.
Work with the community of System Analysts to:
- Plan a system flow from the ground up; verify proper delivery of requests with developers and Quality Assurance (QA); troubleshoot issues reported for features in production; monitor work request tickets to verify progress through the ticket lifecycle; participate in User Acceptance Testing (UAT), staging, and production environment verification of feature work; balance current sprint work with long lead investigation; investigate, create, and maintain technical requirements and use cases for Scentsy software solutions; ensure system functionality is tested per system requirements; and to document system flow and function.
Working with the stakeholder and community of users to:
- Participate in new business discussions; remove gaps in understanding of system technology; and run SQL reports for stakeholders
You Should Have:
- High school diploma or equivalent - Bachelors in CIS or related field is preferred
- 3+ years of System Analysis experience
- Experience with wireframe tool as well as data analysis tools and concepts
- Ability to write and work with moderately complex SQL scripting
- Working knowledge of a wide variety of programming languages
- Ability to triage software and determine where issues are in code
- Knowledge of current web-design trends, techniques, and technologies
- Knowledge of software requirements and use case gathering
- Familiarity with user testing models
- Strong customer service and documentation skills
- Clear and direct written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analysis and problem-solving skills
- Experience with direct sales is helpful
You Should Be Able To:
- Communicate and collaborate with Product Management and Development
- Write and work with moderately complex SQL scripting.
- Be passionate and aligned with Scentsy virtues and ethos
- Translate user “needs” into detailed requirements to guide development of solutions
- Function independently, yet still work well in a team oriented, collaborative environment, fostering team cooperation
- Work 40 hours/week, some overtime required, perform regular on-call duties
- Adhere to all established procedures, policies, and safety rules as outlined by the Company