Scentsy is looking for a Principal Software Engineer – API & Cloud Team!
*Scentsy will provide a $10,000 sign-on bonus to anyone that is hired as a Principal level developer that applies directly with Scentsy*
Ever wish you could form a brand-new dev team from the ground up to tackle the most complex programming challenges? How about being able to do that within an already established company that has sound financial backing, a great benefits package, and executive support? If you have, then this may be the gig for you!
Scentsy is delving into an exciting innovation cycle and want you to be a part of it! We are seeking an innovative and driven Principal. Software Engineer who will be a part of a small strategic team tasked with the modernization of Scentsy’s APIs, ecommerce, and cloud platforms. We are searching for a candidate who likes to take initiative, has a strong entrepreneurial spirit, a willingness to take risks, and the ability to move fast.
This tech modernization and innovation team will be dedicating the next 1-2 years on far-reaching and foundational distributed application architectures, cloud hosting and infrastructure, and integration event messaging systems. If you are looking for a change, want to get out of day-to-day minutia, and focus your creative efforts on innovation, check us out!
Our Ideal Candidate Has:
- Innate desire to always be learning, never complacent, and drive to stretch uncomfortably
- Creativity and vision for long-term strategies and solutions
- Grit, persistence, and problem-solving skills
- The ability to lead and influence change
- Curiosity and proactive in the pursuit of new ideas and innovation
- Strong conflict management skills
- Well-rounded qualities of the Ideal Team Player – hungry, humble, and smart
Things You Should Know & Be Able To Do:
- Advanced understanding of a wide breadth of software and database development technologies and ability to design, develop and debug in all tiers of complex applications
- Excellent understanding of commonly used programming languages, OOP, design patterns, data structures
- Expert knowledge of .NET framework, C#, SQL Server, HTML/CSS, XML, JSON, jQuery
- Working knowledge of Cloud technologies such as AWS, Azure, etc.
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration processes, solutions and tools such as Jenkins, Team City, Octopus Deploy, etc.
- Experience in writing stored procedures and queries in SQL Server
- Understanding of the Agile/Scrum project management process is helpful