Click column header to sort
Scentsy is looking for a Principal Software Engineer – API & Cloud Team!
*Scentsy will provide a $10,000 sign-on bonus to anyone that is hired as a Principal level developer that applies directly with Scentsy*
Ever wish you could form a brand-new dev team from the ground up to tackle the most complex programming challenges? How about being able to do that within an already established company that has sound financial backing, a great benefits package, and executive support? If you have, then this may be the gig for you!
Scentsy is delving into an exciting innovation cycle and want you to be a part of it! We are seeking an innovative and driven Principal. Software Engineer who will be a part of a small strategic team tasked with the modernization of Scentsy’s APIs, ecommerce, and cloud platforms. We are searching for a candidate who likes to take initiative, has a strong entrepreneurial spirit, a willingness to take risks, and the ability to move fast.
This tech modernization and innovation team will be dedicating the next 1-2 years on far-reaching and foundational distributed application architectures, cloud hosting and infrastructure, and integration event messaging systems. If you are looking for a change, want to get out of day-to-day minutia, and focus your creative efforts on innovation, check us out!
Our Ideal Candidate Has:
- Innate desire to always be learning, never complacent, and drive to stretch uncomfortably
- Creativity and vision for long-term strategies and solutions
- Grit, persistence, and problem-solving skills
- The ability to lead and influence change
- Curiosity and proactive in the pursuit of new ideas and innovation
- Strong conflict management skills
- Well-rounded qualities of the Ideal Team Player – hungry, humble, and smart
Things You Should Know & Be Able To Do:
- Advanced understanding of a wide breadth of software and database development technologies and ability to design, develop and debug in all tiers of complex applications
- Excellent understanding of commonly used programming languages, OOP, design patterns, data structures
- Expert knowledge of .NET framework, C#, SQL Server, HTML/CSS, XML, JSON, jQuery
- Working knowledge of Cloud technologies such as AWS, Azure, etc.
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration processes, solutions and tools such as Jenkins, Team City, Octopus Deploy, etc.
- Experience in writing stored procedures and queries in SQL Server
- Understanding of the Agile/Scrum project management process is helpful
Scentsy is looking for a Cybersecurity Engineer to implement, upgrade, and monitor security measures for the protection of computer networks and information. In addition, Cybersecurity Engineers ensure appropriate security controls are in place to safeguard digital files and electronic infrastructure.
What You Would Do:
- Perform cybersecurity incident investigation and analysis
- Administer and support multiple Cybersecurity security tools and/or systems
- Monitor and respond to security events from security tools
- Respond to computer security incidents and events
- Maintain documentation of tools and processes that support the Information Security program
- Evaluate risks associated with vulnerabilities on IT (Information Technology) infrastructure
- Plan, implement, and test security measures and controls
- Maintain up-to-date body of knowledge around information security
- Maintain and test the security incident response plan
- Develop and promote activities to create information security awareness within Scentsy
- Assist in the development and presentation of security awareness training
- Make recommendations on security enhancements and purchases
- Maintain familiarity with relevant compliance standards such as PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard)
- Perform all other assigned tasks and requirements as needed
You Should Have:
- 4 years of experience with System Administration, or equivalent experience
- 2 years of experience with one or more of the following:
- Endpoint Detection and Response
- Cloud Security
- Application Security Testing
- Other security tools
- 1 year of security related administration work
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related area of study, or equivalent experience
- A technical certification is preferred, such as: System Security Certified Practitioner(SSCP), Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP), Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP), SANS or GIAC certifications, or cloud security certifications such as AWS Cloud Security
We Expect That You:
- Are results orientated, business focused, and successful interfacing across multiple organizational units, at various levels
- Drive for and take ownership of solutions to problems that are identified
- Implement solutions based on required security standards and industry best practices
- Use discretion concerning confidential and sensitive company information
- Adhere to all established procedures, policies, and safety rules as outlined by the Company
- Expected to work 40 hours/week; willing to work nights, weekends and holidays as needed, as well as on-call shifts
Things You Should Know & Be Able To Do:
- Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of Cybersecurity theory, best practices, and regulations
- Exhibit a thorough understanding of information technology and computer networking
- Perform Cybersecurity related activities, such as incident response and system/network asset hardening
- Thorough knowledge of both IT system administration and Cybersecurity systems administration
- Communicate effectively to a variety of technical and non-technical audiences
- Think critically, troubleshoot and solve complex problems, and make decisions with little guidance
- Strong organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Work accurately, efficiently, and independently on detailed oriented tasks
Scentsy is on the lookout for a DevOps (Middleware) Engineerto help us manage development and operational related activities needed to support our e-commerce business as well as manage and support all other hosted web services.
We provide a leading-edge e-commerce shopping environment for our consumers as well as a complete business management portal for our sales consultants which enables them to manage customers, orders, and parties. The consultant portal also provides analytics to help them market and grow their business. In addition, we develop and maintain software for internal operation and management of our extensive product lines, global sales consultant base, manufacturing, finance, and numerous other business units.
In addition to the interesting work, there are some cool perks as well. The Scentsy campus is beautifully landscaped and includes full-service cafeteria, fully equipped and staffed gym, extensive walking trails, and a Peet’s coffee bar. You’ll find we have some of the best and brightest people in the Treasure Valley who love solving interesting problems as a team and smelling great. If you look past the lovely smells, you’ll find an impressive amount of top-end technology behind this rapidly growing global business.
What You Would Do
- Develop and maintain system deployment automation processes to enable teams to deploy, manage, configure, scale and monitor their applications
- Build, configure and manage tools for fast and reliable deployments of software
- Build tools for infrastructure monitoring and resolve any issues while running in production
- Plan, install and test new software releases, server automation, system upgrades, and resolve software related problems for both development and production enterprise systems
- Configure, deploy, and ensure secure setup of Internet Information Services (IIS)
- Support multiple projects by troubleshooting application issues and assisting developers on infrastructure related issues
- Write custom tools and scripts to support the infrastructure and development teams, and help craft the direction and architecture of our systems
- Create, update, and maintain pertinent documentation for procedures, policies, permissions, and landscape
- Monitor web services, concurrent connections, server performance, and report on up-time
- Proactively detect problems related to service and infrastructure operations and delivery services, conduct diagnostics, and provide service
- Carry out incident and problem management support to the highest standards and coordinate the resolution with the appropriate resolver groups
- Collaborate and assist other departments and development staff with web and application server analysis, monitoring, tuning, and troubleshooting as it relates to application access and transaction performance
- Administer and support multiple web development environments to ensure server uptime and availability (4- 9s)
- Perform change management, configuration, design, and implementation of supported products and systems
- Assist QA teams during load testing and for real time monitoring of all stages of application deployment
- Provide hands-on service and infrastructure operations support to internal and external customers in accordance with the terms of the established Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
Our Ideal Candidate Has
- 5+ years of DevOps Engineering experience including scripting, system deployment automation, and hardware and network infrastructure design
- Expert level troubleshooting skills
- Solutions Expert or equivalent certification in a DevOps/Cloud/Automation area required
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or demonstrated equivalent
What You Should Know
- Strong working knowledge of scripting such as PowerShell, Python, Bash, etc.
- Working knowledge of languages such as Ruby, C#, etc.
- Working knowledge of orchestration tools such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible, etc.
- Working knowledge of Cloud technologies such as Azure, AWS, etc.
- Solid working knowledge of configuring and supporting virtualization platforms, i.e., VMware
- Solid working knowledge of enterprise deployment strategies, high-availability
- Strong knowledge of Continuous Integration processes, solutions and tools such as Jenkins, Team City, Octopus Deploy, etc.
- Advanced knowledge installing, troubleshooting and diagnostics of Windows and/or Red Hat servers, Domain Name servers (DNS), IIS, and port security
- Ability to administer web sites, redirect HTTP traffic, interpret web logs, configure load balancers
- Ability to generate and manage Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificates
- Ability to maintain new environment builds and complex troubleshooting
- Strong working knowledge of web applications and server hardware
- Ability to collaborate effectively with internal and external resources to provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers