Scentsy is looking for a PASSIONATE CREATIVE that loves developing concepts, directing photo shoots (when needed) and still produces amazing hands-on graphic design work!
The Graphic Designer will work with design, copy and marketing teams to develop INNOVATIVE concepts and designs based on creative and business objectives. The ideal candidate will have a varied graphic design background including packaging, signage, marketing collateral, package design, pattern design, direct mail, corporate events, and advertising materials.
Your friends call it obsession; we call it passion. We need a dynamic creative who pores over the latest graphic design photography and social trends for information and inspiration. Someone who generates innovative, jaw-dropping ideas and loves bringing them to life!
What You Would Do:
- Work closely with Director of Design, and design team to develop conceptual, typographic and photographic directions for all executions and campaigns
- Create mood boards and seasonal concept presentations
- Lead design projects as assigned by the Director of Design and anticipate the requirements needed for these projects; taking ideas from concept to final execution with ease
- Present design concepts and refinements to internal clients and executive teams and help them fall in love with the ideas or design projects presented
- Collaborate daily with creative design team and cross functional business strategy managers
- Lead brainstorming and conceptual design discussions with project stakeholders
- Collaborate with creative members, strategists, marketers, and program managers and contribute to the strategic direction of projects
- Collaborate with Project Mangers to determine timelines for design deliverables and manage timelines and creative resources effectively, resolving any problems that arise during the project’s life cycle
- Help mentor, train, and provide creative leadership for the graphic design team on proper creative methodologies and brand appropriateness; inspiring creative solutions
- Conduct market research for current trends, style, and market positioning for designs
- Maintain a positive work environment and high creative standards
Our Ideal Candidate Has:
- A very compelling portfolio of work
- A passion for current design trends, an exceptionally strong design aesthetic and typography skills
- Good sense of humor, a desire to play as hard as you work and join a dynamic creative community that is passionate about creativity and innovative work!
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic arts, design, communications, related field, or equivalent work experience
- Proven leadership skills
- Proven hands-on experience in the creation of integrated campaigns
- Innovative / out -of-the-box thinking required
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Ability to perform under tight deadlines and budgets on multiple projects simultaneously (with a smile on your face)
- Highly collaborative and proactive
- Ability and experience to art direct still life and model photography shoots in-house and on location
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite